Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Deer Tick - "20 Miles"

Tomorrow is a new day, and a new interview.

I'll be talking with one of the guys in Deer Tick. I'm a little slow on the uptake as far as these guys go (don't tell them this secret!), and although I've had last year's Born on Flag Day for a long while, I've only now gotten around to listening to it.

They are fierce. John McCauley III sounds like he swallowed some kind of lemony cleaning solution, and it absolutely ripped his vocal chords to shreds. In a good way, of course.

They just put out their first single from The Black Dirt Sessions, their third full-length, which comes out on June 8th. It creeps around like a rattlesnake, with all kinds of slivering guitar notes that are all shaded with an alt-country vibe. I really love the lyrics - especially where he tells her that he loves her teeth, and that even barbed wire couldn't get in the way. (There is, however, some strange kind of humming from the strings that makes me feel on edge, like my phone is vibrating or my computer speakers are exploding. It bugs me.) Anyway, I think you'll enjoy it.

Deer Tick - 20 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment